Diary Studies for Market Research
A qualitative research technique, a diary study is mainly used to collect information from respondents about their experiences. Over a period of time, respondents normally log their thoughts in a diary. This is particularly useful for collecting information on habits or on long processes.
An understanding of the following long-term behaviours can be achieved via a diary study:
- Habit: When do respondents use a product or service?
- Usage: How do respondents use a product or service?
- Attitudes: How do respondents feel?
- Behaviours: How loyal are respondents over time?
- Motivation: Why do respondents use a product or service?
- Customer journeys: What touchpoints does the respondent interact with?
We operate throughout Northern Ireland, Ireland, the UK and beyond. If you would like to find out more about how a market research company such as CARD Group can help you with your diary study, please get in touch.